Crafting Newletter

...

Apr 6, 2011

Crocheting vs Knitting

How do I choose....
5 to 1

So you see by the picture that I have 5 knitting videos and only 1 crocheting. But would you believe I know more crochet stitches then knitting stitches. Knitting is wonderful and I love it but it scares the hell out of me. If I where to choose between the two - I prefer to knit. It's such a beautiful art. One that has to be mastered and one that I am far from bragging rights... Crocheting for me is quick and easy and seems to be a money maker for me. Now if I can master knitting then maybe I can bump the income level up a bit and not cringe of fear when someone ask me to make lets say a sweater, a pair of socks... These are my dream items to make. blankets, hats are easy for me now and I am ready to take the plunge to learn more. Oh summer hurry up and get here - I am so excited about seeing my friend and summer teacher (she has said I will get my first sweater done this summer with her help).

My current KNITTING project...

The knitting project I am working on is a knit 4, purl 4... I like the bubble effect and will make a wonderful scarf for me... It's a little different for me, but I am loving the challenge. I am left handed and so it's been a real challenge for me to knit because I had a right handed teacher (most people are right handed). I can crochet left handed and right handed but again because my teacher was right handed I do all of my crocheting right handed (it freaks left handed people out). I can play baseball both right handed and left handed - batting or catching... Strange and I know a freak...

Oh gosh watching Wyatt Earp right now and so when I hear a bang, I have to pause to watch... eek I love Westerns big time...

So OK the knitting videos I have are a bit old style - you can tell by the gals freaky colored nails... I find it very distracting to be honest trying to follow along with the video.  So with that in mind do read tonight's question because I really could use some help in this area....

BLOG FEATURE OF TODAY:
by aRtiSticINCLINATIONS
 
$25.00 and they have 137 items for sale
aRtiSticINCLINATIONS'
Shop Announcement


Artistic Inclinations features high quality custom boutique dresses, accessories and photography props. Each piece is handmade, beautiful, unique and so feminine; many are one of a kind limited editions. Follow the Trend, buy handmade. Stand out for the others with Artistic Inclinations exclusive designs. The Perfect Gift!

Perfect Accessories for Special Occasions, or gift giving. Need an extra item or a custom piece? Ask me :) I love to design!

LIKE my Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Artistic-Inclinations-Boutique/122840511063147

Blog: http://artisticinclinationsboutique.blogspot.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CutePhotoProps

QUESTION OF THE DAY:
Can you recommend a good video for knitting?
And how did you learn to crochet or knit?
We newbies appricate any and all comments - they help us greatly...





Web Service

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring Artistic Inclinations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any video recommendations other then to check out youtube. I'm just now learning to knit too. I love the material it creates better then crochet. I'm using books & the internet to self teach. I wish I knew someone to teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot help you out at all. But I am teaching you how to color on my blog tomorrow. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second You-tube and have you joined Ravelry? There are all kinds of groups there and I bet there is one for left-handed knitters. I know I have seen a you-tube video or two done by left-handed knitters. I am pretty much self-taught after the initial 2 lessons using You-tube. The Yarn Harlot, TECHknitting, and Golden Apples are all blogs that I follow that have good info and tutorials on the subject.

    ReplyDelete

www.handmadecraftsdonewhilerving.blogspot.com