Crafting Newletter

...

Oct 10, 2010

Knitting/Crochet


What the heck is finger knitting?
So I looked it up on Wikipedia and it says:
Finger knitting is a simple form of knitting in which yarn is knitted into a shorter but thicker twine. As its name suggests, the knitting only uses the hands during the entire process. And so my question continued. What is the heck is finger knitting? So I went to youtube which is my spot where I go to learn new crafting things...





How neat is that.... Something I'll play around with soon!

So what have I been up to lately. Not much I've been kind of down... Not to fret everything is OK. I just needed to reorganize my life and get back to what makes me happy....
I've been watching a lot of videos and researching blogs/sites/ads/stores for inspiration on knitting and crocheting and other crafts I love to do... It's been an eye opener....
And oh my I did my first set of fingerless gloves... I have some others I'm doing and I really can't talk about on here because they are Christmas present for some dear friends of mine in..... Oops can't say that either.... Since them my friends have been sending me patterns like crazy - you see it's hard for me to learn something new - tears always go into it... I place so much stress on myself. And it doesn't help when your husband on the first go-around picks it up like it's nothing.... Did I mentioned he bought a $22 ball of yarn - lol.... Still shocked over that one....
I want to mentioned my GrandMum here for a minute. She just passed aways and I'm proud of the fact that she knew I learned how to knit/crochet before she had passed on. When I was a child she so tried to teach me and all I was about was playing outside and sports.... Well what did you expect I was the only female living in the house.... Boys rules in that household.... But I am thrilled to have learned even though it took 40 something years to do it.... Th funny thing is my baby brother was the one who crochet when we where young (he's married to wonderful sister-in-law who is my best friend). I know I've been quiet on here things are just so crazy in my mind right now but the fog is clearing and soon I'll be posting again like crazy - after all the holidays are coming soon.... Be well and get to that charity work you've been putting off - remember it's work! All the best things in life are work....






No comments:

Post a Comment

www.handmadecraftsdonewhilerving.blogspot.com