Crafting Newletter

...

Aug 21, 2010

Grany Square Jacket I am making




Really has it been that long since I've posted a blog insert.... Well that should tell you how busy I've been. I'm not complaining at all - I love my life.

We've been doing some real fun things like for intance a set of host (host never invite the middle boss for anything) invited us over for a campfire with some goodies - how sweet and nice is that. Super nice people too - I really like them. Thanks Carol Lee & Ron for the wonderful mini party you put on - we had a great time....

We where also invited to dinner at our friends condo they have here in Mammoth Lakes. It had been a year since we've seen them. We meet them last year when Jorge was the camphost for Saddlebag. Sue is the reason I wanted to learn knitting so bad and even taught me the basic stitch - but because I am a lefty and a righty the purl stitch was something I had to come up with on my own - in which Mrs Searles (Steve Searles the Bear Whisper wife) taught me how to do. I do thank both women with my entire heart.

We've gone hiking and sight seeing so really no time for anything with the crafting world up until the day before yesterday. But with phones ringing all the time and emails popping up that have to be answered because of the type of job I do - I haven't gotten much done.... but here's what I have done....

Granny Square Jacket: The picture with the jacket that's mostly black is the one I am working on right now - only no black in mine.... I am also making it longer too... Not big into short sweaters.... This is all done by crocheting and some if not all of my friends from campground_crafters group (which BL started calling me) call me the granny square queen. I am laughing because I'm looking at my granny square blanket laying on my couch - so there may be some truth to this - I don't know - lol...

I learned how to do a granny square on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDEoLWcEEvQ almost 2 years ago.... so I love and feel comfy doing them. And I happen to like the look of a well done afghan made with granny squares...

Here's the pattern I'm working on and some pictures of what little I've gotten done... Enjoy and drop me a line... It helps me to know I have people taking the time to read this.....







1 comment:

  1. The colors you chose look so good together. I may give your utube a try on learning how to make granny squares unless you need to know how to crochet. Just can't get a handle on it! Can't wait to see this jacket on you!!!!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

www.handmadecraftsdonewhilerving.blogspot.com