Crafting Newletter

...

Apr 3, 2011

Horse & Man is our HERO



Direct Link to their site
  This is a Special blog article... Everyday I look forward to reading this blog. More times then often it makes me ohs and awe's and then she'll hit you with the truth of how cruel humans can be. Today was one of those days. I can say I am a little more educated and my heart is a little bigger because of Dawn.

A little background on Dawn - she is a hero in the horse world. She has opened her heart and her home and is living her life helping these beautiful animals. Often when she gets them they are not at their best. Perhaps sick or in need a good horse spa treatment (I wonder if she does humans)...

She is so in-tuned with her horses that within days she can tell you the character of the horse and foresee problems (yes Jim Carey personality can be found living in a horses - just read her past post of some of her hams). I can't tell you how many horses she has because there are always some coming and going.

Here is a sample of her blog article that was written and can be found at this LINK

I have a soft spot for every horse and feel that they all deserve quality of life.


SO…

For me, horses who are created by humans should be guaranteed a good life. But that isn’t what happens with Nurse Mare Foals. The plan for them is … well, there is no plan. These babies are ripped from their mothers at a very young age and just destroyed.
That’s it. Get rid of them. So TRAGIC and totally unfair.
Aw C’mon. Is that the best we can do? Really? Isn’t there a better idea out there?
Grrr. I have a real soft spot for innocent babies who are brought into this world just to be left out of it.
Today, we are going to help and support orphaned foals from the Nurse Mare Industry.



Now to the point of our partake in this.... I am asking all of my crafty friends to group together and put our heads together and figure out a way to help and show Dawn and give her our support. It seems that I have more quilting friends and thought (and just an idea) that maybe we could get several different quilters to do one block and send to whoever (my husband quilts) to have put together and auction it off and donate the proceeds to Dawn BUCKET FUND.
 
Or we could do one huge basket and collect a handmade item made from all of my wonderful crafty friends and sell tickets (just an idea) to auction this off (ticket drawing)
 
I'm asking for help and getting the best of the best to help me put this together.
Email me off this blog at mr_mrs_crafty_rving@yahoo.com
or for direct donation please go to the direct web site in which we encourage so that you get the full vision and see for yourself the horses and meet the lady who started it all

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I AND NO OTHER CRAFTER WILL PROFIT FROM THIS WHAT SO EVER (EXCEPT A GROWING RESPECT AND NEW FRIENDSHIPS) THIS IS TO HELP THE HORSES AND THE HORSES ONLY...


THIS NOT JUST FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL BUT DONATION ARE NEEDED YEAR-ROUND. JORGE AND I AGREED TO GIVE % TO THEM MONTHLY. WE HOPE WHEN WE ARE READY TO HIT THE ROAD THAT MAYBE WE'LL BE ABLE TO VISIT THIS WONDERFUL RANCH... LETS SAY IT'S ON OUR BUCKET LIST OF PLACES TO VISIT.

**DAWN**
THANK-YOU SO MUCH FOR LETTING US DO SOMETHING TO HELP THE CRAFTY WAY




Web Service

2 comments:

  1. I need to tell you a bit more about 'us'. My husband grew up on a horse rescue ranch in Texas. I have a photo of him on a rescue getting burros out of the Grand Canyon. He also rescued Mustangs from California and other places. The ranch is very well known and it was my husbands home as a teen. His family ran the ranch and my father in law was a very well known investigator for animal rights...but then some things happened. The ranch got too big for it's britches and other people running things used money in the wrong way and my husbands family had to up and leave. My father in law still runs a small horse rescue down in Texas. It is called H.E.L.P. but he also has an extremely rare form of MD (less than 10 people have this form that are alive in the US today.) so he can't do much with it. He does have a few horses and he tries though.

    Anyway, all that to say I am truly interested and would love to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PMU foals make wonderulf horses. I have known a few that were adopted by friends. They can be very interesting looking (obviouslly they are not breed to be useful horses) but just as sweet as any other horse. Very worthy cause.
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

    ReplyDelete

www.handmadecraftsdonewhilerving.blogspot.com